Reading: Westminster Shorter Catechism
86. Q. What is faith in Jesus Christ? A. Faith in Jesus Christ is a saving grace, whereby we receive and rest upon him alone for salvation, as he is offered to us in the gospel.
87. Q. what is repentance unto life? A. Repentance unto life is a saving grace, whereby a sinner, out of a true sense of his sin, and apprehension of the mercy of God in Christ, doth, with grief and hatred of his sin, turn from it unto God, with full purpose of, and endeavor after, new obedience.
Scripture: Mark 5: 1-20
Worship Through Preaching: “THE SON MAKES YOU FREE”
Theme – Resist the devil through faith in Christ.
- The misery of the demoniac (v. 2-5).
- The devil’s malice toward man.
- Relevance for us today.
- The cleansing of the demoniac (v. 6-13).
- The demon’s reaction to Christ.
- The power and authority of Jesus Christ.
- The response of the demoniac (v. 14-20).
- The people’s response.
- The healed man’s loyalty.